7/21/07

Great fun

Went to a class today at my LSS (local stamp store) and had a blast. Wonder-woman Nellie Wortman taught three projects today, one was a vintage calendar cover, one was a cool vintage clothes pin note holder and we also made fabric greeting cards. I was not sure that I wanted to work with fabric, I have been avoiding my sewing machine like the plague - however they were a right up my alley because precision was NOT NECESSARY!

Artistically, I like things to be a bit on the random side. This was not me "back in the day". I used to paint watercolors and sell them at local galleries and with an art group. I wasn't happy until I had glommed every detail possible in my paintings. I sold quite a few pieces, but when I finally let go and started painting abstract, free-flowing and splashy, I sold mass quantities of my work.

Lesson learned, sometimes letting go is worth the loss of control. Happy accidents can be of value!

Lori

No comments: