1/17/11

Cricut Expression

I’m a day behind in my goal to post weekly, but we had family in this weekend and I didn’t get the time. My Sister-In-law Amy and niece Madeline came in for a “Girls Only” weekend. We scrapbooked and made Valentines for Madeline to give her class. Amy also brought me my newest toy, a Cricut Expression. Her husband Chris (who is so like me, in sniffing out great deals) found one on Black Friday for $148.00. They regularly sell for $299 and I have seen them as low as $189 but never under $150. When they asked if I would like one, I was not sure if I would use it. Matt (hubster) said “go for it!” So I now have the Cricut to play with.


The first thing I observed is how much space this system needs. It’s pretty large and the instructions stated you must have at least a foot behind and in front of free space for the machine to run safely. This is something I should have known before making my decision. My art room has space at a premium, so this proved a bit of a stressor for me at first.

Matt urged me to go ahead and use it, make sure it works. It did, and worked quite well I might add. It’s really fun and with the right cartridges, you can cut out multiples of just about anything, in whatever size you’d like. I’m going to try to keep my cartridge purchases at a minimum, since I have a Cuttlebug and loads of Nestabilities Spellbinder dies, as well as Tim Holtz dies, I have to be careful not to overdo. Let’s see how that one goes….Happy crafting!

2 comments:

Inge said...

Hello Lori,

thanks for your comment on my sketchbook " dirigibles and submersibles " !
I hope you DID get inspired to create :)

I don't know the cricut, but let me know if you made something with it and made a blogpost about it. I'll vist.

i scrolled down a few posts and saw your tutorial on the die and dye.
i really, really like the how the paper turned out and it's a fabulous background to start with.
i love the colors, but I DO love and need colors...
I'm born in 1966,so a bit too early to be a real hippie, but I do love all their rainbowcolors and a lot of their ideas..

greetings from Belgium
Inge

auntieem1@yahoo.com said...

I love,love the whole process and how it looks!!! I'm new to all of Tim Holtz products, inks and distressables. My craft corner of my bbedroom is slowly expanding. may have get a smaller bed soon.lol
What a (peace) of art you made.You have really inspired me to expand on my creativity!!!!!Your tutorial is very easy to follow. Thank you